First things first, we discovered that Eric is on the FBI no-fly list. Also, Eric has an expired drivers license (not really, but try explaining that to Philadelphia TSA employees) so security was a little difficult. I tried to get a picture of Eric in the isolation booth at security, but, you know those security agents--always moving at a lightning speed, so I couldn't get a shot off before he was released.
The trip down was perfectly executed, as Quinn napped and nursed and quietly sat through the entire 2 hour flight.
(there are mommy-flippin' babies on this mommy-flippin' plane!)
Our flight was on time, but it was a little late for the guy once we got down there. No matter because he snoozed in the car ride from Tampa. He had been a little under the weather with a stomach thing for a few days beforehand but was holding his own after barfing in the car at the airport.
Eric, on the other hand, was breathing heavily and making desperate pleas for his father to pull over and allow him to investigate his stomach contents. His father ignored his pleas and we made it to Winter Haven without incident, but with much consternation.
Eric's gastrointestinal upset continued into Thursday and the weather was a bit chilly and rainy. We opted to just enjoy the house and grandparents that day instead of going to and doing activities. We had planned on going to Cypress Gardens but figured we could postpone that for another day.
Friday came, and I was all, "I need to go somewhere!" My nausea was building but I was determined to get out and about.
So we went to Cypress Gardens.
This is Quinn when we got there:
This is what most of the people that were there looked like:
Eric still wasn't feeling well, but the fresh air was clearly doing him some good:
We went on all the roller coasters, but I didn't really feel like doing any of the scary rides.
We toured the botanical gardens:
And we saw a Banyan tree:
And Jesus:
Quinn smiled a bit:
We also watched the WORLD FAMOUS water-skiing show.
Then Quinn began to melt down and it started really raining, so we had to go. We tried in vain to find a local brewpub, but without the help of the internet, we failed miserably.
On Saturday, ERic and I were not feeling hot, but again, I was like I NEED TO DO THINGS. So we actually went to the mall. and we Bowled! I bowled something like a 46 (a personal best) and Eric, being the bowling junky we all know him to be barely beat me with something like a 300.
We also attempted to go to the Citrus Festival, but $7 non-refundable admission with angry rainclouds bearing down on us prevented our entry to that.
Sunday was our departure day. We didn't think this through very well. We booked a 7am flight. Winter Haven is roughly an hour from Tampa. This meant we had to leave at like 5 am. This really didn't work out well for anyone, especially FBI Most Wanted Hopeton Eric Brown or whichever Eric Brown has been up to no good lately (Hopeton's actually dead now).
Eric in custody at Tampa (fortunately we were otherwise expedited because of la bambino):
Quinn fell back asleep in the car, so he was FULL OF ENERGY for the return flight. It was like wrestling a rabid gator. And he was screaming. No so much in anger, but just because someone told him how babies are SUPPOSED to act on a plane. See, he wasn't schooled in the ways of baby-flying on the way down. Someone, somewhere, corrupted him. So there are no pictures of that. I think mommy is still missing clumps of hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment